Coupling my length and breadth of experience with a personal ethic of service,
I will develop, maintain, and support your Unix-based infrastructure and tools,
to ensure maximum organizational awesomeness.
||FreeBSD, RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu
|Python, Django, shell, Jython, web RPC, Perl, Makefiles, SQL, PHP, C
Extend existing tools, build "glue" between tools, build
new tools when needed
||Bachelor of Arts: English Rhetoric
Extensive experience with blog, wiki, knowledgebase software
||JIRA: workflows, dashboards, plugins,
notifications, SOAP, Jython magic
Wrote e-mail interface for ancient Bugzilla
||Postfix, Cisco IronPort ESAs, Courier, Qmail, Sendmail, Cyrus
Virus scanning, content filtering, anti-spam, e-mail list
||AMANDA, Bacula, off-site storage, dump, tar, gzip, tape robots
Practices v5 Certification -- how to build a strong
support organization by facilitating knowledge sharing
ITIL Foundation Certification -- how to efectively organize and
manage an IT organization
- Senior Unix Systems Engineer
Cisco Systems (San Bruno, CA - Brooklyn, NY - San Jose, CA 2007 - present)
- Maintained operation of Cisco IronPort's spam analysis
infrastructure, including problem analysis, software and hardware
deployment, policy maintenance, and participation in pager
- Collaborated on the design and led technical implementation of
ITIL Incident and Problem Management: JIRA workflows, Confluence KB,
launch offshore NOC.
- Designed, developed, and promoted a production "Change
Management" process based on ITIL standards, built around JIRA
workflow and regular CAB meetings.
- Developed modular system to present team work activity in a
"social media" style interface.
- Extended server inventory application to support management,
audit and visualization of server location within racks, automated
configuration of DHCP servers.
- Documented existing practices to facilitate training of new
members. Collaborated with Engineering teams to improve deployment
documentation. Mentored junior staff and served as "go to" guy for
folks on other teams.
- Lead Unix Systems Administrator
Yelp, Inc. (San Francisco, CA 2006 - 2007)
- Expanded production network infrastructure to accommodate rapidly
Improved monitoring procedures and extended trend analysis.
Re-implemented Disaster Recovery services.
- Collaborated with development team to create and maintain an
operations "run book".
Promoted cultural best practices via routine status reports,
incident reports, and forensic analyses.
- Senior Unix Systems Administrator
Nextrials, Inc. (San Ramon, CA 2004 - 2006)
- Re-designed production network to improve manageability,
resiliency, and performance. Built new networks in Reston, VA and
San Jose, CA. Maintained systems documentation for internal use,
and third-party audits. Deployed improved monitoring and trending
- Supervised staff and tracked expenditures to ensure
technical execution met management expectations.
- Manager of Technical Support and Managed Hosting
Server Central Networks (Chicago, IL 2003 - 2004)
- Ensured that technical support requests were fulfilled on a
consistent basis by staff operating 24x7. Developed documentation,
deployed and monitored software knowledgebase systems for customers
and staff. Ensured that all escalated issues were resolved.
- Managed daily operations of Cobalt and Plesk-based web and e-mail
hosting services on Linux and FreeBSD. Managed internal systems for
issue tracking, knowledgebase, and systems monitoring. Interfaced
with service and software vendors to resolve issues. Managed
additional systems as required.
- Lead Unix Systems Administrator, Corporate
Tellme Networks (Mountain View, CA 1999 - 2001)
- Developed and maintained core Unix-based Information Services as
company grew from twelve to 250 employees. Transferred
responsibilities and services to new teams and technologies as they
became available. Continuously (re)implemented and migrated to
improved solutions, emphasizing user-level transparency.
- Implemented flexible and scalable e-mail architecture that
included virus scanning. Developed web-based mailing list software.
Maintained original firewall and office network. Implemented first
co-located "production" service. Thoroughly researched and deployed
- Systems and Network Administrator
EnterAct, L.L.C. (Chicago, IL - 1998 to 1999)
- Managed FreeBSD servers, supporting web, e-mail, and shell
access for over 15,000 users. Performed DNS and subnet allocations.
Authored, documented, maintained and audited support software and
systems for employees and customers in Perl, C, csh and sh.
Provided routine Unix support for other departments.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- BA in English Rhetoric: Professional Writing
Minor in Computer Science: Programming Languages, Compilers and
Additional course work in Linguistics
- I grew up in Chicago. I still miss the seasons.
- I love trains, public transportation, and maps.
- I listen to NPR and read a fair amount.
- I live with my wife and our baby in Sunnyvale.
- I spent the dot-com bust backpacking around the world, serving
pizza, and making espresso.
- I contributed a few transit maps to the recent book "Human
Transit" by Jarret Walker.
- Technical Notes on my blog: http://dannyman.toldme.com/category/technical/
- Bonus Cool: http://dannyman.toldme.com/sjc-tubes/